Friday, August 17, 2012

10 days old

Since I don't know if I'll be able to get around to doing truly weekly updates, I figured I'd just title the posts by the days/weeks etc unless there's something significant I'm writing about and post whenever I can. Sorry for not being able to be more consistent like I was during pregnancy, but I'm sure you understand the differences of life with a newborn. ;)

Xavier is 10 days old and as cute as can be. He's very precious and continues to sleep a lot. He had a one week weigh in and while he had lost a little weight at the 24 hour checkup (normal) he was back up to 8lbs at his 1 week weigh in. He goes back to the pediatrician on Wednesday.





We have been struggling a little with feeding. At the beginning of this week he decided that he just does not want to eat from one side. I have tried everything I can from different positions to trying to pump a little to get things flowing for him. But he still is being stubborn. And he's started to get stubborn with the other side as well. I'm trying to get in contact with someone to help out. In the mean time though, he still is healthy and looks good so not too worried.

He's starting to have longer awake times between feedings. Looking around with his beautiful eyes. And whether they're "real" smiles or not, he smiles all the time.

When he was 8 days old I believe it was, his cord stump fell off. Rob and I were a little concerned since the "average" is 10 days, but he seems none the worse for the wear and he's working on having a cute little belly button.

Had my first experiment with using the sling. I wanted to set up his bouncy chair/rocker thing since he's started being more awake and wanting to look around at his surroundings so I didn't want him just in the bassinet thing, but he did not want to be put down. So, I pulled out the sling, put him in it and he snuggled down and fell asleep. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to keep him upright in it so he kept sliding down into a cradle position, which I knew he shouldn't be in, so once I got him good and asleep I transferred him into the bassinet.

As far as me, I'm doing OK. I woke up with a headache and have been worried about the breastfeeding thing since I am so sore on the right side since that's the only one he'll eat from and am worried about losing supply on the left for the same reason. I have been working really hard on remembering to eat since it won't do either of us any good if I don't eat.

I had my 1 week post partum visit this week as well. I'm down 22lbs from when I last went before he was born. So not quite pre-pregnancy weight, but getting really close! I was also apparently the talk of the office because of my super fast birth and arriving ready to deliver. It was kind of funny. I still maintain though, I was just doing what I was told!

And for your viewing pleasure, here are some pictures I took today.




1 comment:

  1. I hadn't seen the pic with him in the sling before. Cute as can be! I hope things straighten out as far as the feeding. I'm sure it is frustrating! Looking forward to seeing you later in the week.

    ReplyDelete