Wednesday, October 10, 2012

9 weeks

One week down at work. It really wasn't as bad as I anticipated. Yeah, it has stunk being away from Xavier for 12 hours, but I know he is being well cared for. I get pictures periodically from whoever is watching him at the time which is really nice. Rob brought him on my lunch again on Friday and we all had lunch together in his car.





One thing I have learned is kind of nice about having other people watch him is that he has learned he can fall asleep without breastfeeding. And I am reassured that he can as well. Last Wednesday didn't really "count" as a day off (I mean it did, but it didn't) because he'd only had one day. Then over the weekend we're really lax with everything anyway. But today I have put him down for a nap and didn't even have to worry about being stuck holding him because Rob told me he likes to nap in his Rock-n-Play sleeper with his Nuk pacifier. And sure enough. He whimpered a little bit and fought sleep a little because I was sitting within eyesight so every time his eyes would flutter he'd see me and then would smile. It was like he didn't want to take his eyes off of me.

Along those lines, last night when I came home from work, he was sleeping but when he woke up and was still in that half awake half asleep state I stepped into his line of sight and he gave me the sweetest little sleepy smile. Oh it absolutely melted me.

I think if I had to take him to his sitter/daycare myself I might not do as well. Or, if he was still this little and going to a big daycare rather than just a friend who's babysitting, I don't know if I would do as well. Right now I know he's getting individualized care like I would give him myself.

Some people have asked me how pumping is going. It's actually going pretty well. I was a little upset because what I was given for pumping time was 15 minutes tacked to the end of my breaks rather than the 20 - 25 minutes I asked for. But I've gotten into a rhythm. I just pump first and take as much time as I need (usually pump for about 15 - 20 minutes) then go and put the milk in the fridge and use the bathroom and rinse my pieces from the pump. So, I get it all done in 30 minutes. I have had some people say "I didn't know you were back!" because I'm not just hanging around on my breaks anymore. And I can't stop and chitchat on my breaks anymore because 1) I REALLY need to pump and 2) I just don't have enough time to chat and pump.
And, I was worried, but so far we haven't had to dip into the frozen milk stash as far as I know. I was really worried about it, but it seems I pump just enough to meet his needs. In fact, last night, Rob had a bottle warming for him when I came home so we actually ended up dumping 5oz. It hurt a little to have to "waste" it, but it was either dump it or I pump again when I got home since it wouldn't keep after having been warmed and I was full and needed to get relief.

We also had an adventure this weekend I believe it was where we went on our first big grocery shopping trip since he was born. Our carseat isn't one that snaps onto the top of carts (and really, even the ones that DO work that way, it's not really safe, so I wouldn't do it anyway) so we normally just put it in the basket part but then it takes up the whole cart. So, we had to decide if we were either going to use one of the carts that have the infant seat built in or if I was going to sling him. The sling was more convenient since I had that in the diaper bag so I decided to give it a whirl. He seemed to enjoy being able to see everything and he did get fussy eventually, and I thought he was hungry, but as I have learned now, it was just his indication that he needed to sleep and he did indeed fall asleep in the sling.

And now, your weekly Xavier picture fix. :)

10/07/12 
His "official" 2 month picture (I have a frame that has holes for each month up to 1 year so this is the one for his 2 month hole)

10/03/12
This was an 8week picture, though it was a day late.


10/04/12
At the sitter's. He looks so mature here! I mean he really looks like a little boy to me. Not just a baby. 


10/06/12 
This was to capture "sleepy face" he was fighting a nap if I'm remembering correctly.

10/10/12
Today, of course. This was also when he was fighting a nap. This was from earlier when I was writing about him smiling every time he saw me while he was trying to fall asleep.

10/03/12
This was grocery shopping with the sling. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment