Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Week 8, 2 months, back to work. :(

Yesterday was my first day back to work after having Xavier. I was surprised that it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it was going to be. I thought I would cry all day, but it was really only the morning when everyone was saying "Welcome back! How's the baby?" Towards the end of the day I could smile and show pictures of Xavier without crying.

Apparently he had a really good day. Didn't fuss a whole lot. Slept mostly. Hardly ate, but he made up for it when I came home last night. And today since I still have Wednesdays off he's been making up for it today too. I can barely put him down though he's asleep at the moment.




I think what made yesterday better was my sitter brought him by during my lunch break, so I fed him then and got to have some snuggles. I didn't know where to go so I just fed him in the lobby. Apparently it offended someone in Care. I didn't really get in trouble but it was requested that if I do it again, I go to the pumping room instead. The only problem with that is that my sitter and her son have to stay out in the lobby by themselves and the guard. Which, the guard said she didn't care. But still... It's sad that I was very covered, no, I didn't have my nursing cover or a blanket or anything, but I made sure that I had my shirt pulled right up to Xavier's nose and I was wearing two layers so no belly showed or anything. And then there are girls who wear shirts that show a whole lot more than I was, and that's OK.

In baby news, we have decided that Xavier's belly button is an outie! I don't know if I've ever known someone with an outie before. I always thought his belly was just very full, but pretty sure I've seen other babies with full bellies that their buttons go in. So, just another unique thing about Xavier.

I've had more people tell me he looks like me lately. Babies change so much in the first year.

I'm not really sure what else to really say/update with. I'll continue to try to update as frequently as I can. :)

Here are a couple pictures.

09/27


Playing with the panorama function on my phone. 09/29

10/01

10/01
Monday, when i wanted to try to pump to get more fresh milk to send with him and so Rob would have some for the night, all Xavier wanted to do was nurse. Even when he was "sleeping" he would have one eye cracked and if I should try to put him down, he'd cry and indicate he wanted to eat. This is a picture I shot of the one eye open sleeping.




No comments:

Post a Comment