Friday, November 2, 2012

12 weeks

Wow! Can you believe it?! Xavier is 12 weeks old! He has his 3 month photo shoot on Sunday. I can't believe it.

I started this post on Monday, and it had been a rough day though which is why the post is going up so late.





I discovered we're having diaper issues. Cloth diapering is harder than I thought since it turns out we have hard water. So I spent an hour scrubbing to try and remove mineral deposits and restore absorbency  On top of that challenge, Xavier didn't really tale a good nap. Not really sure what the deal was. I think he was maybe confused by both Rob and me being home? Normally if I'm home Rob isn't and vice versa during the day.

Anyway... he continues to be a happy little boy. Growing very quickly. I put away all of his 0-3month clothes this week. So we're officially in 3-6month clothes only! The 0-3's were just starting to be borderline tight and short.

My good news of the week is that I got in touch with the health insurance people and they ended up adding Xavier to the insurance for the rest of the year (and they say retroactive to his DOB)! And it's annual enrollment so we've got him set up for insurance next year too.

The frustrating thing is though that I got a letter dated 10/23 stating he had been added to the insurance. So on Wednesday I started calling the medical billers to let them know the insurance issue had been resolved. One of them informed me that they had checked as recently as just two days before, and he still was not added. So I then called the insurance company and asked if he showed. They informed me he did not, but not to worry, it usually takes 2 - 3 business days from when the HR department makes a change before they get the change. It had been a week. They then tried to contact the HR department but they were down due to the hurricane. So she said she'd keep trying and would call me no later than Monday. It's very frustrating that even though I had a letter in my hands that said he'd been added, the insurance company still didn't know a week later.

And upon further thought, it could have been that he didn't feel well that day. Because on Tuesday I think it was my throat started hurting. It became a full blown cold for all of us. Poor Xavier's little cough was so pitiful. Tuesday night and Wednesday morning he just wanted to be held. Normally he's pretty happy being in his chair or rock-n-play, but he just kept fussing so I would pick him up and he'd immediately fall asleep. No feeding or anything.

Thankfully, at this point, Friday night, Xavier seems to be all better. I'm at that point where I'm still stuffed up and feeling miserable but expect to be better any time now. And Rob, as usual, is pretty sick still. All I can really say is "Woohoo breast milk!"

Since this post is already so late I will just try to do extra pictures on Monday or Wednesday whenever I get a chance to post the 13 week entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment