Monday, November 26, 2012

(almost) 16 weeks

Really, I'm not sure what to write about since I just posted on Thursday. But I want to keep up the habit of writing at least once a week.

Either yesterday or today I learned that Rob knows all of Xavier's cries. He was fussing and I didn't know what was wrong, Rob would answer "It's _____" and then he went on to describe his other cries. And he is right every time. I'm impressed, and also sad. I feel like being the mom I should know my child's cries better than anyone. And yes, I probably could pick out his cry or coos out of a "lineup," but what the cry means, that isn't as easily determined for me.

Last night I was measuring Xavier for some custom diaper covers I'm going to get him (no, nothing super fancy, I just want some wool covers as they're naturally waterproof yet still able to breathe so hopefully to reduce the night time redness) and I decided to go ahead and measure his length as well. According to my quick measurement, he's 24", so he's grown about 4" in about 4 months! Such a big boy! And I'm sure he's doubled his birth weight, though I haven't weighed him in a couple weeks.

He also can roll from back to front and front to back. His amber necklace hasn't arrived yet so still not sure about if it'll help with the fussiness and teething discomfort.

And I guess that's our update for the week! On to a few pictures.




Today, 11/26/12
Pirate baby rolling over



11/22/12
Thanksgiving thankfulness for such a wonderful baby and friends who give us cool outfits that they made themselves!


11/22/12
Chillin' with Mom on Thanksgiving.


11/22/12
Thanksgiving nap. No turkey, but we still had a nap!


No comments:

Post a Comment