Saturday, August 24, 2013

1 year week 3

Another week down.

Had his 1 year check up. Had a pretty good report overall. Rob told me:
"30.25 in long
27.9 lbs

Dr said he's still too young to consider intervention (18 mo). His lead count was higher than the new recommended levels so he'll need to be retested in 3mo.  Also he is anemic.  Which could be from being sick,  but since he's not eating meat yet.  And iron is one of the few things breast milk can lack so he's getting a suppliment for 90 days We'll redo his bloodwork at 15 mo.
See if it goes up.
It's still normal for a breast fed baby of this age to have a strong preference for mommy.
And hardly detrimental, except for the potential anemia.
We just need to gradually work him into solids like meats."

So, over all, doing alright it seems. The iron is a disappointment. I was REALLY looking forward to no longer having to give medicine after today or tomorrow when his antibiotics were finished.

The lead is only one point(?) above the limit. It was at a 6 and it's supposed to be at a 5. The limit used to be 10. So it's over all not bad, just above the limit. There's nothing we can do about it that I know of. Just have him re-tested in 3 months and see what the levels are like and if they've risen then try to figure out where he's getting it from. I adked Rob if it was possibly old paint in our house, but he assured me that since our house was built in the 70s lead paint wasn't being used any longer. If it were Daycare we'd think it would be higher (and I'm sure they've been thoroughly tested) so it's possibly one of his offices that occasionally he has to take Xavier to. Since the level is still so low I am sure that it's probably one of his offices. If it were our house or daycare I'm sure it'd be much much higher.

Silly boy was having fun in the bath last night. I put just maybe an inch and a half of water in the tub and he had the best time making the biggest splashes. It was adorable. He discovered if he stands up and I tell him "sit down" or "on your butt" and he falls backwards to a sitting position he makes a big splash. And he kept crawling and splashing around. Over all fun times. I got soaked too sitting next to the tub.

We worked on eating last night too. It was really cute that when he and Rob came home from Rob going to the doctor, I was standing in the kitchen eating some potatoes and green beans and he opened his mouth up wanting a taste of what I had! So I gave him little bites and also tried to give him some filling from my taquitos. Unfortunately the taquitos were a bit more than he could handle and I ended up with a lap full of baby puke. Just gave me the incentive I needed to get laundry started.
Xavier playing music at his table.
and here's a video that I took of him playing at the table as well.


 
cute cuddles.

Showing Daddy he knows how to drink from a big folks cup.

Being all happy after his nap yesterday afternoon.

And one final video. This just shows you how he is influenced by the cats.




No comments:

Post a Comment