Friday, November 8, 2013

15 months!

HUGE week. I'm one proud mama!!


Friday I was really wanting pizza, so I ordered some pizza and some boneless wings. I had been picking pieces of the meat off for Xavier and toppings off the pizza for him and he was eating OK. I was sitting on the floor and had the pizza box on the couch behind/next to me. Xavier started playing with the pizza box and I just figured he'd pick some toppings off himself which I was fine with. I turned away for a minute to the TV show we were watching and when I turned back I saw he had grabbed a piece out of the box. I just decided to watch him because I expected he was just going to drop it and keep trying to dig pieces out of the box which I would have put a stop to. Nope. He ate it. He ate almost the WHOLE THING. I was SO proud and happy. He just kept going to town on it.

He's been eating dinner with us almost every night at least a few bites. So relieved. Last night we got him a kids meal at Burger King and he ate several fries and half of a cheese burger patty. Big boy!

One day he decided to start climbing. He will climb over the couch arms as a quicker route to wherever he's going. And then he also decided to climb the back of the couch to get to the window easier. Gotta keep an eye on that one!

And last night, Rob was eating chocolate chips and gave Xavier one. He loved it. Then somehow he began walking between Rob and myself! So he had his first steps on his 15 month birthday. We tried to get it on video, but he didn't want to do it any longer once the chocolate chips were gone. It was only three little shuffling steps between us but it was a start!

I guess that's really about all. Just lots of pictures.

First sight of holding the pizza.

Sit down to eat.

Just eating his pizza, watching some TV.

om nom nom

Sitting on Mommy's lap, eating his pizza.

My big boy.

Decided he needed a little milk From this picture, he ate a little more of the piece, but this shows almost how much he ultimately ate of the piece.

And full belly lead to sleep.

Peek-a-boo will initiate randomly.

Peek!

"Where's Xavier?"

There he is!

Goofy kid. He makes the funniest faces.

Silly boy.

So this is what he was doing in those other pictures. No sticker is safe.

Our little climber.

Yep. Must get to the window.

So I finally got this cat out of the packaging that he got for his birthday. I don't know that he quite understands it.

It will "run away" singing a song. It freaks out the live cats and Xavier scoots backwards from it whenever it starts moving. Unfortunately it hasn't inspired him to walk/run as it was designed to do. But it still is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment