Wednesday, January 1, 2014

16 months week 3ish?

Yet another late post. But with Christmas and whatnot hopefully it's understandable.



We took a little family outing on the Friday before Christmas because Xavier gets stir crazy. We got subs and went to the park to let him crawl around and get some fresh air. Unfortunately it started to rain so it ended quickly.

Then Saturday we had a visit from my brothers, sister in law and nephew. The boys had fun playing together I think and it was good to see family for an early Christmas celebration.

Speaking of Christmas, I have to admit, it wasn't the morning I had "dreamed of" when I had planned on having Xavier show up in his cute little blue "Promoted to Big Brother" t-shirt, but, it also wasn't the heartbreaking experience I feared it would be. It was different, but very nice. Xavier and Rob slept in and I woke up early as I tend to do now. I read for a while then I went upstairs to spend some time with my mom. 

We did have a very nice Christmas though. 

Then the Friday AFTER Christmas I had another gallbladder attack, so I decided to go ahead and schedule my surgery since I couldn't figure out what had triggered it. So I have a consultation scheduled, no surgery date yet. And then Sunday I started coming down with what I thought was  cold. Monday was worse, but I had scheduled a vacation day so I just tried to rest as much as I could, but discovered in the evening that I had a fever. Tuesday I called out of work because I still had a small fever and it had been suggested my symptoms sounded like the flu. My flu test was positive, so I'm out of work until Sunday due to recovery time and my regularly scheduled days off. 

While being sick isn't fun, it has been nice to have some more family time. I'm feeling MUCH better, but still trying to rest and take it easy. 

I do love watching Xavier grow cognitively. This afternoon he had taken off his shirt and was fine until he decided he wanted to go downstairs. I always tell him he has to wear clothes to go to the basement because of it being unheated and cold. So, he brought me his shirt and indicated he wanted me to put it on him. I put it on, he waved, said bye, grabbed my hand and dragged me to the basement door, put my hand on the knob and looked at me expectantly. I still didn't really want to go downstairs because of said coldness (and he wasn't wearing pants. Just a shirt and diaper.)  But his communication skills are really good. 

And just a few minutes ago he first grabbed Robs wallet and headed toward the door then when we took that away he grabbed Robs keys and waved and said bye. He wanted to go outside so badly. Since I'm sick Rob took him on a car ride. He was so excited. I love his communication!

And his walking is getting really good. He's barely stumbling anymore and is choosing to walk almost all the time. I still need to get him better shoes though. Just the Wal-Mart cheaps aren't really thin/flexible enough and he stumbles and walks really awkwardly. So, sometime when I'm a little more clear to go shopping I'll start looking for better shoe options.

I guess that's about all for now. Here's pictures from the last week or so.

Excited to be in the car to go on a family outing.

Excited to crawl outside.

So much fun before the rain got started.

Playing outside is fun.

Ohhh! I forgot about this incident! Pulling the toilet paper off the roll!


And this was ADORABLE. Rob had left some chocolate for me. Xavier found it and really wanted it. So I broke him off a piece and took this series of pictures. It was perfectly beautiful.

One morning's breakfast.



Waiting for the family to come.

Uncle Caleb and Xavier.

Going on an adventure.

The Adventure Crew.

Sharing a paci (that neither of them actually use)

Watching a movie/cheesin' for the camera.

Opening presents.

"Pretty cool, huh, cuz?"

Just cousins hanging out.

Watching a movie.

Going off on their own adventures. Uncle Caleb had to leave early.


shortly after this, S fell. :(


Cuddles with Daddy while I was at work.

Sharing some pasta with Daddy.

More cuddles.

Walking on Christmas morning!

Playing with a Christmas toy/heading towards nap-land Christmas afternoon while heading toward more family.

Day after Christmas cuddles while I was at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment