Sunday, April 20, 2014

20 months

Lately I've realized that Xavier is closer to 2 than 1 1/2 so I've started saying he's "almost 2." I can't believe he's so "old" already!!

There hasn't really been any major things happen this month. Continuing to expand his vocabulary and communication. Still eating better and better. I love watching his mind work.



The pictures are a little out of order because I got a new phone and pictures got a little out of whack.

We went to visit a friend of mine and Xavier had a good time playing with sunglasses and exploring her apartment and then we went to a park and he had fun trying to play with the big kids who were playing a freeze tag game.

We've been dealing with temper tantrums and dramatic child issues. I guess he comes by it naturally though. ;) 

The most recent thing that happened is yesterday (4/19) we went to a couple of Easter Egg Hunts. The first one was kind of a bust. He didn't really understand what was going on and was upset that I was holding him and not letting him wander around. When I finally let him free he just ran straight across the field and kept running! Never stopped to pick up any candy or anything. We then just wandered around a little bit and I could tell he was getting cranky because it was around 11:30. He fell and got a bloody mouth (luckily he didn't break a tooth!! Just cut his lip with his tooth I think) and finally let me put him in the car. The drive to the next egg hunt was about 20 minutes away and thankfully he fell asleep in the car. We got to the next location an hour early so I let him sleep in the car. The next place had a Easter Bunny which he LOVED. No fear in this kid! He walked up to the bunny and tapped him on the leg. The bunny crouched down and waved at him at first and Xavier walked right up and gave him a hug. He did MUCH better at the 2nd hunt. There were MUCH fewer kids and I was able to walk into the hunting area with him and tell him what to do. He picked up 5 eggs. The 2nd hunt also guaranteed each kid would get a prize. I wish I had put a little more influence into what his prize was, but I decided to just let him pick what he wanted. He picked a pink basket that had some candy in it. But it had malted milk balls and bubble gum. Neither of which he can have. I felt kind of bad, but I had let him make his own decisions. So I guess it's OK.

Big change here! Xavier used to HATE bananas. Like run away if one came near him. Now he asks for them at least once or twice a day. I'm having to buy two bunches of bananas at a time because Rob and I love bananas too.

Words are getting clearer. Communication skills are getting stronger. I wish I could remember more of the little things.

Work is getting a little slower so I might have more time to update more regularly. I promise I will try!!


At IHOP for brunch on 04/05. Such a cutie.

Sharing some Jiff Whipped chocolate and peanut butter. I had gotten it to have with apple slices but someone kept dipping his fingers into it!

Xavier was excited about the snowboard he got in a kids meal toy. I forgot to ask for a toddler toy. Usually I do better.

Cheesin'! Enjoying his new favorite food. I asked him to look at me while he was eating his banana and this is what he did. He knew I was taking a picture so he was TOTALLY cheesing for the camera.

Playing with Aunt Al's sunglasses.

Cool guy wearing sunglasses.

Buddies! Trying to decide where to go for dinner.

Playing at the playground



He loved this thing for some reason.

Fun little swing.


The next weekend, 4/12 he went to a birthday party and they had this little car. LOVED IT.

Also played in a ball pit.


ADORABLE.

New haircut for the guys.


First Peep!

Watching Oliver & Company for the first time.

First temporary tattoo.

Bacon for breakfast yesterday morning.

This is where the older pictures were. I got some chains out for play props and he decided to wear them.

Temper tantrum.

I don't remember what he was doing. But so serious!

chocolate face!

Learning about markers. haha (This was weeks ago. I still haven't gotten around to cleaning it)

Just a little picture of me! I recently participated in a 7 week "Biggest Loser" competition. This is my before and after pictures. I actually won the competition!

New picture here. My new essential oil diffuser. It makes a mist and Xavier was trying to blow it out. It's not hot, but it looks like steam.


Yesterday he got a toy truck from GameStop and he wanted to show it off to Daddy so we took a picture and sent it.


Bath time cheesin' for Daddy.

This is another old picture but I just saw it didn't get posted. Xavier was OBSESSED with this slide and wanted to go down over and over. I finally started climbing behind him and then racing down the stairs to get to the bottom of the slide before he got down.

No comments:

Post a Comment