Sunday, May 18, 2014

21 months

I've been trying to keep notes this month so it's not just a "uhhh... we are another month older" post.




Xavier has been mimicking more and more. And his words are becoming more clear. Recently I had some DVDs and puzzles stored on the cat tree to keep them out of reach so that pieces didn't get lost and DVDs didn't get destroyed as they were on loan from a friend. Xavier was reaching up and pointing to where those were stored. I asked him if he wanted to watch a movie, because usually he usually wanted to watch a DVD. He kept reaching and grunting so I asked if he wanted a puzzle. He nodded and said "puzzle." And sure enough, he sat down and did that puzzle!

We have also been working on communicating what he wants when watching Netflix. I set him up a Netflix profile on the Playstation and I will ask him what show he wants as I scroll through the options. He's told me "Daniel" for Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood and "Bear" for CareBears. He also has a word... Sliffo? for Clifford.

Recently we were playing outside and he picked a flower for me. It was very heartwarming to be given my first flower by my child. 

So, there's been a lot of interest in potty training. He happily/excitedly says "potty" and enjoys sitting on the potty chair and the seat of the potty put on the big toilet. Most nights we have to go through several on's and off's of the chair. I've also noticed that he hides a bit when he's relieving himself and seems more uncomfortable with a soiled diaper. So it might not be far off! I'm not pushing it though. 

Lately he's been OBSESSED with peanut butter or other "nut spreads." I gave him a spoon with hazelntu spread because that's what he indicated he wanted. Well, he apparently actually wanted a spoon with peanut butter. I told him to look in his hand because he already had a spoon. He looked in his other hand confused because I told him he already had some. I then had to show him by touching his hand clutching the spoon. He then happily finished his spoonful before asking for another. But we have to basically keep the jar with us because that's his FAVORITE food right now. I'll put all of our different jars out in front of him to let him choose which kind he wants. Then he points to whatever he wants. It's so fun having him communicate so well.

He likes balls and will point out anything that is ball shaped and exclaims loudly and proudly "BALL." He also is kind of into cars and bears right now. Both of which he says with a growl. I have a video of it but it wasn't in great quality so I'm trying to get it again.

He can say a lot of words but like I was saying before he mimics a lot and well.

We went to dinner with a friend who has a little girl about 6 weeks younger than Xavier and they did "fist bumps" with each other. Video below. 

I still need to get a video of him singing. I try but he stops any time I try to get a video going.

Well here's some pictures. If you notice, a lot of pictures Xavier's making a weird face. That's his new "cheese" or picture face. We didn't teach him that. I don't know if they did it at school or what.

Rob showing that Xavier's foot is half his foot's length.

Xavier showing his truck and "cheese" face.

Rob successfully put him down on his beanbag for a nap.

Chillin' and nappin'

Stylin' baby. He doesn't normally wear a bib, but he asked me to put it on him and then asked for the hat.

Got his first temporary tattoo on his arm there. And he just collected all of his various sippy cups. Each had a different drink in it.

Cuddling with his Cloud Boy.

Excited about his sucker.

Love love love this picture. Playing with dandelion fluff.

Going out to dinner for Mommy's Birthday. First time for Mommy and Xavier at Rainforest Cafe.

Enjoying the chocolate frosting from Mommy's birthday cake that Daddy was making.

Gluten free peanut butter chocolate birthday cake!

Yummy cake!


Xavier started playing with these figurines. He got the set of King, Queen, Dragon and Unicorn for his birthday, but never showed much interest. Well he recently started playing with them where he was making them look like they were talking and things like that. It was SUPER cute.

A little update on me. This was 3 years apart within a week of one another. The left was my birthday celebration weekend for my 27th birthday and the right was 3 years later. I'm very proud of my progress.
Xavier was excited about a sticker he got from the Post Office and a cookie he got from the bank.

This was the flower Xavier picked for me.

How do I get my toddler to nap? We go for a walk.

And he was STILL napping when we got home and for quite some time afterwards.

But he did not wake up happy. He woke up hangry (hungry and angry) but that was solved with Spaghetti O's.
Xavier wearing his John Deere shirt for the first time he got from his great aunt.

And his favorite car.

Chillin' on a bench when we went to go visit a friend.


Being goofy sitting on Ms. Al's chair.


Laying on Daddy's play mat.

Playing with card boxes.

Making it difficult for Mommy to do her weigh in's.

Was reading these books on a loop. And Tea Party Rules is where he learned to growl the word "bear."

Fighting through the 'jungle' meeting a 'panther.'

He just looks so big!!

A shot from one of our evening walks. The picture on the right is one of his favorite parts. He just starts saying "ball" over and over.

Hanging out watching TV.

Being silly at Arby's


Playing at the playground.



But we got rained out in the park when we tried to go for a walk.

And another day just hanging out with Mommy watching TV.

Xavier got a new play pool/sand box from a friend whose dog didn't care for it. Xavier had a good time, but I didn't have the foresight to bring his swimming suit.

This was the first day he brought me the controller and indicated he wanted to watch TV and indicated "Daniel."

Rob said that he told Xavier to "say HI to Mommy" to take a picture and this is what resulted.

And playing with sitting on the potty.



Another update on me picture. Size large t-shirt and 22 pants.

Turtle in the front yard!

Xavier was very curious about it!

Xavier got a peach sucker on the way home from Daycare and he was alternating between the sucker and nursing.

He picked some grass or a flower or something and was smelling it. It was so funny.

Chilling with a snack watching something. I don't remember what.

Snacks on the walk.

Trying out a game at the skating rink. He put a ticket that Daddy won in the change slot because he thought that's the way it worked. haha He was OBSESSED with this game. It was a basket ball game and I didn't know he even knew what basketball was but he saw the goal (not the ball) and immediately said "ba ball." He also played air hockey with Daddy.

Xavier amused himself by pouring salt and pepper into the soy sauce dish at dinner last night.

And enjoyed eating noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment