Monday, June 23, 2014

22 months

I can't believe the growth and change that has occurred this month. I wish I could really show everything, but I have taken a lot of pictures. 




We had our first experience playing at the fountain in the park in town. I took a video of him playing . Can you tell when he thought I was taking a picture? Lol makes me laugh every time!


Earlier this month, Xavier started going to his daycare full time (Monday - Friday instead of just Tuesday through Thursday) The night before he started on Monday, I made this note:
Xavier is super excited that he will be going to school tomorrow (6/2) instead of staying with Rob. So excited he wants to go now. I told him after we go "night night" to which he laid his head down, closed his eyes for a second, then popped up and said "school?"

Also in the School subject, Rob recently told me that they are beginning the process of transitioning Xavier to the 2 year old room. This makes me feel good because that means that he is apparently on track and doing well. I mean he's also big, but they wouldn't move him until he was cognitively ready to move. 

We also experienced  our first incident with a tick this month. Luckily he's had no reaction. I discovered it when I was bathing him. I was SO glad that I had decided to bathe him that night. I really don't give him a bath every day just because he doesn't get that dirty. But the tick was near the crease of his leg right below the diaper line. I'm also REALLY glad Rob happened to be home that night. Rob removed it with tweezers while I kept Xavier's hands out of the way. It took longer than I expected to pull it off. But it wasn't swollen yet and Rob said it looked like a recent attachment. Anyway, over all, just happy that there was no reaction or complications.

I've been trying to let Xavier make his own choices lately. To pick his swimming suit for daycare, I held up two pairs of trunks and let him choose which one he liked. I then held the "winner" with a second pair and kept going until I'd exhausted all of the choices I picked. Consistently he picked the same pair, so that's what we got! It's a blue flowered hawaiian pattern. I was surprised because he normally picks green.  We also have been letting him pick his shirt and shorts. He has really good fashion sense to be honest! He looks really good when we let him pick his own clothes!

Just recently we went to visit BJ, Emily and Sam for Sam's birthday. For the most part I think that the boys had fun playing, but Xavier is a little rough and is very stocky. I don't think he knows his strength and there were some tears and some jealousy on wanting to play with the same toy. 

Also, he surprised everyone because he ate 3 hotdogs for dinner!

A really cute thing that he's started doing is when he's thinking about something or trying to decide or remember something he'll put his little finger on his lip and say "hmmm."

Also, yesterday afternoon we were talking about him mimicking words and said he's just our little parrot. He then grinned and said "Parrot!" We asked if he was a parrot and it sounded like he said "Parrot bird." Now, we hadn't said parrots are a bird before, and a lot of his words are still unclear, but it was really interesting that he would do that.

I've been trying to make a list of words he knows and I've got over 50 that he uses pretty consistently and not just mimics. 

This picture Rob sent me one morning of the two of them sharing cereal for breakfast.

I took these pictures one day that we went for a walk at the park. Xavier was excited to be able to walk on the sidewalk because the places that we walk near our house doesn't have a sidewalk so he has to stay in the stroller. He also enjoyed flopping on the ground and resting. That bench he BEGGED to sit and have a picture.

So this month, Xavier started doing this when taking pictures, and by the end of the month he'd stopped. But he says "CHEESE" which I think was prompted from pictures at school.

I don't remember how I got this normal picture after the first one. haha

More taking pictures to send to Mommy at work.

Enjoying his chocolate milk.

Cloud makes a good pillow.

Even though I don't eat bread, one day Rob asked me to pick up Subway on my way home from work. I got a kids meal for Xavier and he ate basically his whole sandwich! I was SO surprised!


There was one night I was trying to do dishes and prep my lunch for the next day and Xavier was just NOT letting me do anything. So I dug out the baby carrier from the closet and gave it a go. He seemed to enjoy it.

Doing what we do most. Hanging out watching Netflix.

We had a new gaming bar open up near our house and they have cool LED candles on the tables. Xavier had fun playing with the candles...

AND playing Skeeball. LOVED skeeball.



Shopping with mommy and had to stop to take a picture to say "hi" to daddy who didn't come with us.

Xavier stylin'.

Eating steak, potatoes and green beans!

I'm thinking this was a picture Rob sent me while I was at work one day.

CHEESE

Playing at the park in town. Daddy went off to play Magic and Xavier was sad so I told him we'd go somewhere fun.

Little box of raisins, just the perfect size.

Still a snuggly nursing baby.

He has been very into lining things up lately. I took a video of this as well. I just need to get it uploaded to Youtube. I may edit this later to put the link in.


Enjoying playing with the steering wheel in Daddy's car.

Oh, Mom's taking a picture. I've gotta give her my picture face.

More pictures from the fountain day. I haven't taken him a second time but somehow these pictures got misplaced before.

I know this was part of the collage, but I just LOVE this picture for some reason. 

One day we went for frozen yogurt. I let Xavier have his own bowl and let him feed himself. He thought he was hot stuff!

Grandma Anna sent postcards while she was in Utah. Xavier liked to pull the stamps off. You may remember how he loves to peel stickers.

Chilling with Daddy while Mommy is at work one morning.


I made a home made Orange Julius and Xavier decided it was his drink. haha

My buddy.

Daycare had asked for a family picture. This was our attempt. Daddy not wanting to put down his phone, Xavier not wanting to put down his drink. I still need to get one printed to send to daycare though.


Steak, corn and quinoa! Big boy feeding himself.


chocolate face


Silly boy on his new toy box.

CHEESE

This is one of the outfits that I felt Xavier put together very well.

Snuggles

Found this guitar in the closet. Decided it'd be awesome to "play."

Update on me. I wore the shorts on the left last year and the pants on the right I wore at the beginning of this year! The shorts were big, but the pants fit perfectly. I'm excited to say the shorts were 28 and the pants were 26. I'm now fitting in 22 or 20!

Xavier's favorite thing. "his game." This was after we gave Rob his father's day present of a Nerf case to help protect it when little hands are playing with it. However, Xavier has figured out how to take it out of the case (not difficult) so it really doesn't do much for him.

Me and my boys. Cloud wanted in on the cuddles too.

Xavier and Sammy playing with Sammy's kitchen when we went to visit for Sam's birthday.

Xavier cheesing for Grandma's camera.

Grandma holding the boys. That's quite an arm full! Xavier alone is over 31 pounds!


Xavier trying on my sunglasses in the car.

The Father's Day card Xavier made at daycare.


Goofy kid playing in the toy box.


A milk shake all his own from Sonic on 6/19 which was 1/2 price shake day.

Just time for a cuddle picture.

We went to the Farmer's Market on 6/21 and it was right next to the Depot in town so we went to go check out the "choo choo." Xavier had a great time. We'll have to go again some time when the doors are unlocked so he can go inside.

He put the bucket on his head, said "hat," and began giggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment