Sunday, August 10, 2014

23 months (almost 2!!)

I have been SUPER busy and haven't had a chance to write this month's post. And now it's past his birthday so he's 24 months or TWO!!! I will start a new post from birthday on and will aim to get it in at the end of this month. I am so sorry for the delay on this post!

There's lots of pictures though!!




One morning I was getting ready for work and Xavier woke up when I did. Normally he'll just snuggle with Rob and go back to sleep. But this particular morning he just would not be consoled. Rob tried to keep him upstairs but Xavier found his way down to me. I picked him up and asked if he had a bad dream and if it was scary. He just kept saying scary over and over. :(

This started a "scary" theme. A day shortly there after I was picking him up from daycare and there was a lawn mower there which of course was loud. That was scary and then my car squeals when the air conditioning is on and that's scary. Scary is one of his most common words. Sometimes he says scary and smiles and shakes his head, so I think that means "not scary."

On July 4th Xavier licked the air washer. I told him he was weird. He shrugged, smiled and said "meow."

On July 17th Xavier started showing interest in using the Potty! He has actually several times sat and both peed and poo'd in the potty and in the big toilet. We're still far from being "trained" or out of diapers though.
Mommy Xavier selfies. I think he was showing off his shirt. This is what he does when he shows his shirt. He puffs his belly and chest out.

Xavier enjoying new episodes of his FAVORITE TV show. Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood.

Sleepy snuggly baby... er... toddler.

Because... you know... gotta ride on the non-riding toy on the couch.

Feeding himself spaghetti o's and meatballs!!

Daddy and Xavier having a heart to heart about how growing up stinks.

Fist bump it out.

Xavier asked for cereal with milk. And... had to play with a car.

Petting the bunny (bun-neen) Albert at the Farmer's Market.
As a side note, Xavier LOVES going to see the farmers every Saturday! We love getting local eggs and veggies!

Mommy's new exercise bike.

Xavier's new car. driving mommy CRAZY with being driven on.

We went for a walk and went to a close restaurant to eat. They had these fun fountains outside.

ARGH!! More being driven on.

Happy birthday to you! Daddy's birthday cake! Xavier was so excited for daddy to have Birthday Cake!

Silly boy.

Wearing daddy's shirt. SO BIG!

Cake pops are delicious. Mommy kind of misses them. But more for baberz!


This is our evenings a lot now. I let him run around without a diaper for fast access for potty learning!

A mommy collage I made for a Facebook thing. I thought I'd share it here.

Love love love this picture! He wanted the towel wrapped around him. Of course I obliged.

Bedhead one morning while I was at work.

CHEESE

Gotta have TWO cars.

Going for a ride with daddy.

Some comparison pictures. The September 2010 is around my heaviest weight around 325. March 2012 while I was pregnant with Xavier and then just recently. Around 216.

Xavier loves "yoom"ing (zooming) as a super hero.


This was a few days after the other pictures. I was getting him ready for bed and he kept saying "Yoom, mommy. Yoom!" I couldn't figure out what "yoom" meant. He kept saying Yoom! I finally figured out it was "zoom" and he wanted a cape again. Once I figured that, I put the hand towel on him and he was happy!

On Saturday 7/26 we went to go meet up with some friends at the Opry Mills Mall. Xavier loved this bear and he LOVED the rented shopping cart.

Xavier and our friend Jacque and Taryn.

Early in the day we were bright eyed and bushy tailed.

Xavier offering to share with Taryn.
The kids sharing cars.
Goofy kids.
End of day, Xavier was super sleepy. No nap and long day.

Early morning cheesing selfie for me while I was at work. <3

Came to visit me at work and he just wanted to play with the ATM.

A comparison picture. Over 100 lbs down.

Being silly with Daddy's glasses one morning.

Xavier wanted to play frogs. So he was on the floor saying "ribbit" and wanted me to "ribbit" with him. I didn't feel like it so Rob got on the floor and played frogs with him. It was just too cute.

I bought Xavier this bike at a yardsale for $5 because he'd been wanting a bike. He loved it. This his him saying Vroom.

Big and Strong!

Xavier's presents all wrapped and ready to go!

New shades. 


Cool kid takin' a walk.

We walked to dinner and Xavier wanted my lemon.

The hot dogs were yummy though!

I got him this bedding set and he LOVED it.


And Daddy got him the Cars movie. Here he is watching it for the first time.

Still watching Cars.

Laying in the new Cars bedding with the lamp on the side. He didn't want to sleep in the bed and also did not want the lamp to remain a lamp. I have since then taken it off the stand and removed the bulb because it was very upsetting for him that it was a car he could not play with. So it is now, instead, a toy, not a lamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment