Monday, September 1, 2014

2 years old!! (All about August)

Well, Xavier is officially two years old. I can't believe it's already been two years and I also am amazed at how much he grows and learns and changes day to day.


Early this month we had a birthday party with New York grandparents and cousins and TN grandparents and aunt Em came to visit. He had a great time and the star of the show was his Lightning McQueen Power Wheels from his New York grandparents. He loves that he can "drive" a car too.  And he got probably 20 new toy cars as well. The problem comes when he wants a particular car and all he describes it by is just "car."

We also went to a birthday party for a girl whose mommy I met online while we were both pregnant. We've met up a couple times before and have had a great time. I got VERY lost trying to find the party, but Xavier from the backseat asking "Birthday party?" kept me going! While Taryn was opening her presents her parents were prompting her to say Thank You for the presents. Xavier didn't quite understand why he didn't get to open presents and thought maybe if he said Thank You he would get something. So, after months of me prompting, he finally said thank you for first time. haha

On 8/17 I had the sweetest greeting when I came home from work. I came in and he exclaimed "You came back!" He's also been giving more hugs. Just wrapping his little arms around my legs and hugging me tightly, or wrapping his arms around my shoulders and holding tight. He's also been saying "I love you" which is very similar to how he says his name. I don't even think I can type it phonetically. I love you is something like "hay hove oo." Xavier is something like "hai-ver"

On 8/27 Xavier had his 2 year check up. He is completely healthy! He's 31 pounds and 35 inches tall!

On 8/30 while I was trying to go to sleep because I knew I had work early in the morning, Xavier wasn't tired so he was up and down off the bed and going to Rob's office. Well at one point he came up to me crunching something and said "Chip! It good!" and opened his mouth and sticks his tongue out to show me he ate it. I called in to Rob and said "Do you have chips in your office?" because I hadn't recalled having any chips recently. He said "no" so I asked "What do you have in your office that would make a crunching noise and Xavier would call a chip and eat?" So he looked around and found an old bag of chips that were several months old that he'd never finished eating for some reason. It is a delicious chip flavor! But regardless, glad that it really was a chip. 

Birthday boy enjoying watching something on TV.

Birthday boy still nursing and enjoying playing with cars.

Sweet baby.

He's been enjoying riding my old rocking horse.

Always have to have cars with him.

Birthday party! Uncle Caleb's gifts.

This is my favorite picture from his birthday.



Playing with his car with his cousins.



I got him some sidewalk chalk so he enjoyed coloring some.

Opening his construction machines from Uncle Caleb.


So. many. cars.

Another birthday present. Foam letters and bath crayons!

























Showing the cousins the sights around Cookeville. We were at the Pink Elephant.

Xavier wanted Caroline's tablet thing.

Hanging out at the Depot.

And Cream City.

This table was cool! You can color on it!

We went to dinner at a Mexican restaurant near our house. Xavier loved eating the salsa off of his chips.

Another favorite. A Trolley like is on Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood.

Playing in the train at the Depot. (We spend a lot of time there)





At Taryn's birthday party. Xavier still doesn't know how to jump, so the trampoline was a little foreign to him.



He LOVED climbing on this four-wheeler.

Playing with Taryn's new easel.


Taryn's mommy, Jacque, is a photographer.




Xavier had never shown any interest in sitting on/riding on animals until this day at the party. He rode every dog they had. (I think there were like 4)


Taryn's grandma had an awesome train table.


So one Sunday while I was at work Xavier started putting this hat on himself.



Poor boy had a little bug around the middle of the month. Fever and just overall puny.

Loves playing with his car.


"Vroom!"

So Xavier LOVES marshmallows. He cried one day because we didn't have any marshmallows so he and I took a walk to one of the close stores and bought a bag of marshmallows. Oh, and it is ONLY the mini's he likes! The next pictures are how he reacted after getting that bag of marshmallows we walked to get.


Happy boy.

Daddy and Xavier being silly at the Thai restaurant.

Even though it doesn't look like it, he LOVED eating the crab. Wanted nothing to do with the noodles, but he ate up the crab meat!

Big boy eating cereal all by himself.


New haircut!
Such a big boy.


"I miss you mommy!"

"chicken!" Silly boy.

Blowing kisses while I was at work.

So I looked over one night while we were watching TV and saw this. A few minutes later he was on the floor sucking on the other foot!

Big boy at the doctor! Just waiting on his shots. He was a good boy. He did have to show everyone his finger where he was pricked for the iron test and stuff. He showed everyone and said "Hurt!"

Expertly lining up his cars so that he can play with them all at the same time.


All facing the same direction. He was very careful to do that.

Daddy got a new game for the Playstation and got a 3DS Cars game for Xavier!

Again, at the Depot.

We went on a little walk and took a break at a picnic table to play with the car.

Missing mommy while I was at work yesterday (8/31)

Daddy and Xavier playing last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment