Monday, November 3, 2014

October

In an attempt to get back to a monthly post instead of month and a half, this is to wrap up October.






On 10/18 we started a new interesting experience. Xavier licked my face and giggled. Not sure why. I've had people tell me he was just experimenting, or modeling after the cats who groom themselves or even memories of dogs he's played with. Whatever the reason was, now occasionally he'll lick my face and giggle. 

The evening of 10/22 Xavier had several cars lined up and excitedly told me "two two!" I told him I thought it was more than two and suggested we count them. There was a Lightning, a random matchbox car, Mater and another hot wheels type car. I counted them aloud one through four. Then I suggested Xavier count them. He grinned and said "One. Two!" I asked him what came after "two." He said "Mater."

http://youtu.be/n2mpb1TnmhE

Xavier was being super silly one night. He had been saying "kachow" (what Lightning McQueen says in the movie) and I tried to get him to say it on video. The silliness you see in the video above ensued. 

I decided this year even though I hadn't grown up with Halloween celebrations to give it a shot and see how it goes. I had wanted to make a Daniel Tiger costume with yellow or tan sweatpants and a red sweater or sweatshirt and then make some ears and a tail, but I couldn't find the pieces I needed. So I decided to dress him in his PJ top that looks like a race car driver and black pants and just say he was a race car driver. He loved this and loved holding his shirt out and telling people he was a driver. He had a good time at his daycare's Halloween party and then that evening we went with a friend to collect candy in her neighborhood. 

Saturday we went to a fund raiser walk for Alzheimer's and Xavier LOVED the bounce house they had for kids. He kept wanting to bounce. 

Sunday (11/2 so yes, I know, we're into November. But the rest of November will be  in a separate post, I promise!) I discovered his verbal skills have just exploded! He is stringing words together better. He told me he wanted candy (which I let him have as he had eaten well for dinner) and then as he was walking away he waved, said "bye. thank you. bye!" Then when Rob came home that evening he was giving Xavier some spare change to put in his piggy bank. As X and I were walking towards his room, Xavier clearly said "Thank you, Daddy." 

I also want to make note for memory's sake, I am loving this age where a kiss can make a booboo all better. He will show me the hurt and I kiss it then he grins and says "Better!"

He also has a fantastic memory. We were watching on Sunday some Daniel Tiger episodes and there was one where they discuss getting a shot. Xavier was explaining to me that "Doctor. Shot. Hurt. Better!" It's sad that he currently associates the doctor with hurting and shots, but I'm glad that he is making the connection that shots get better quickly. 

And some pictures: 

I loved how elaborately Xavier strung these cars together.

I'm just in awe of his skills at eating "Cereal. Milk" all by himself. He asks for this frequently. And he drinks the milk afterwards! I just give him a small amount for now though.

Little boys with their sticks. He found this stick and wanted to take it with him while he was playing.

"Aaarrrr!" boy with a stick!

Courtesy of "Ma" (Grandma Anna) some stamps to make Lightning sandwiches.

Rob said that he didn't want to eat them so much as just play with them though. Not sure if it is because they're car shaped so he thought they'd be better toys, or if he doesn't like sandwiches or just wasn't hungry.

Snuggles.

Time for a toe snack.

Another lining up job that I was fascinated with.

A wonderful friend mailed a couple of Cars t-shirts to us. Xavier was so excited.




Learning about stacking blocks. He initiated this play!


At the Halloween party at school. Other kids were having their picture taken and he was trying to "photo bomb" them all so I told him I'd take our picture.

Then he wanted to take a picture with him giving me a hug.

Halloween evening getting ready to go Trick or Treating. The little girl is just 6 weeks younger than him.


While we were out trick or treating, we went by the Police Station. Xavier decided to make himself at home and wanted to open the door to the Police Car. It was locked, but the Police Officer was kind enough to unlock it for him and let him sit in the car. He had a great time and even turned it off and on. Blinded the police officer who was looking straight at the lights when he turned it back on!

Back at our friend's house enjoying some candy afterwards.

And back home looking at what he got!

So much candy! He picked the bucket himself as well.

So lately Xavier's been on a pants kick. He always wants to wear pants. He found these PJ's in his drawer and insisted on wearing them as well as the Driver shirt over top. Amazingly he didn't seem to get overly heated. The material on these PJ's wasn't more than a t-shirt weight though.

This happened Saturday morning as we were headed to the Alzheimer's walk. He stopped to bend over and drive a toy car he brought on the sidewalk. Because he bent over rather than squatting or crouching, he lost his balance and fell right on his head.

But amazingly a kiss from Mommy made it all better.

bounce house fun!


Stopped for a minute to hug the Chick-fil-A Cow.

More time in the Bounce House.


He didn't really seem to remember about his "hurt" until he saw himself in the picture. Still didn't seem to phase him though.

Contentedly playing while watching TV and I was doing some work.

Napping with his beloved Mack. That trailer is something special to him. He wants to take it EVERYWHERE but it is SO BIG.

No comments:

Post a Comment