Sunday, December 28, 2014

December

This month has FLOWN by. I can't believe that it's already December 21 as I am writing this post initially.





Honestly I can't think of a whole lot of remarkable things that have happened. Day to day life. Xavier is always growing and learning new things.

Yesterday (12/20) for example he just randomly started saying "king of the castle" when he climbs up on something. We're not sure where he got it from, but it was super cute.

He's constantly telling us that he loves us which is one of the sweetest things ever to hear.

12/27 - Early morning on we had a little bit of a sick issue. Occasionally this happens and it's not a huge deal. Especially since right before the vomiting he had sneezed, coughed and was still nursing so I thought his little system was just overwhelmed. He was asking for milk when we woke up and acting fine except he'd had bowel issues for a couple of days. Well we got up and were in the process of getting ready, and as we were walking toward the bedroom door he threw up. He said "sorry" and "[what] happened?" After we got him cleaned up we went downstairs and I tried some of the milk he'd been drinking. It tasted slightly "off" so I thought that he had just gotten sick from the bad milk. But then we were trying to get some breakfast/lunch and you could tell he just didn't feel well. He wasn't playing with his cars or crayons like he usually does. He just looked miserable. We would ask him periodically if he was "OK" and he'd respond with "OK." Finally at one point I caught him whimper "home" and before I had a chance to tell him we would go home as soon as we ate he puked. I rushed him to the bathroom and he was crying "Sorry. Sorry." He also asked "[what] happened?"again. It just broke my heart hearing him say "sorry" for puking. Not that we got angry or anything. I just would say "oh no!" and try to help him. He puked again in the car on the way home and then one more time in the evening after he'd had a long nap. But he was fine through the night and last I heard from him he'd been doing OK today (12/28).

I just can't get over how sweet he can be. He was trying to put  up a good face and was as kind as could be even when he felt crappy. And he apologized! Poor little buddy. I hope he's on the mend now.

Here's some pictures from the last month!

Rob got a WiiU as a surprise to go with the Cars WiiU remote I mentioned in the last post I think.

I don't remember what we were trying to get a picture of, maybe his shirt? Sweet boy none the less.

Daddy and Xavier playing WiiU. I think it's MarioKart. He LOVES to watch us play Mario Kart and will ask for "Mario. Racing." all the time. Though he gets upset if you play anyone BUT Mario! Mario is his favorite.

Ohhh yeahhh. I did have something significant happen. On 12/5 I was on my way home from working a day of overtime and it was rainy. I was pulling over to get out of the way of an ambulance and the car behind me couldn't stop on the wet road. He slid and rear ended me. Fortunately Xavier wasn't in the car and this is the extent of the damage on my car. The other guy's car was much worse. The front bumper was falling off. So far we've not gotten it fixed. It stinks that my new car already has the bumper cracked, but it could have been worse.

We have an appointment to get it fixed tomorrow (12/29) I believe.

Saturday 12/6 we started a new adventure. We have bought in to a Herd Share. We get 1/2 a gallon of farm fresh Jersey Cow milk every week. Xavier is willing to drink it without chocolate syrup which is huge!

I think this was also on 12/6. We were trying to go get Santa pictures but someone was super crabby. He found a Hot Wheels gift set that he REALLY wanted, and I told him no, so he had a melt down. We went to get lunch at Burger King where this picture was taken. He got better quickly and we did go get pictures taken. Now where are they I wonder.... We never got the free printout we were supposed to.

Xavier learned how to turn on Netflix from the WiiU.

Sweet boy with Rob while I was at work one day.

Stealing Daddy's drink.

Snuggles when I came home.

He got a Cars Santa hat from one of our friends.

He was excited.

We were doing comparison pictures from a year ago and presently. As I have changed quite a bit as well I thought I would include myself in the comparison picture.

This year we got our first Christmas Tree. Xavier has been VERY excited every time he sees a Christmas Tree. He calls it "presents" and always likes to comment on a star on top. So we got a star tree topper. He always gets concerned if the "presents" aren't lit. No real presents are put under the tree because I don't trust a 2 year old to not unwrap everything! He also has started saying "Ho Ho Ho Presents" when he sees Christmas decorations when we're out and about.

I made a new pizza crust recipe and it was a hit.

Sending a smile to someone.

I was not feeling well on 12/19 so I turned on Cars for him. We always ask him if he wants Cars 1 or Cars 2 as we have both. He almost always will say Cars 2 even when we reverse the order of the questions. Not sure if it's just because he's gotten into telling people that he's 2 or if he just likes that one more.

I don't know why my coloring was so weird on my phone but last night (12/20) he had a great time with our friend's dog, Molly.

Sending me smiles while I was at work.

Coloring his new Cars Color Wonder coloring book he got from "Santa" at his school Christmas Party. (All the parents were supposed to send a $5-$10 gift wrapped for Santa to give out to their own children).

Christmas Xavier decided the tree was tasty.

He kept licking the tree.

Xavier riding 'horsey' Uncle Caleb.

He also enjoyed wearing Sophie's Reindeer "Ears."

I wanted this one separately because it was too cute.

He also wanted to sit on my lap and take pictures with the front facing camera.

And then with the front facing camera he kept pressing the button to take pictures. He just kept his finger on the button. So I got SEVERAL of him wearing the "ears" and the construction hat.

FAVORITE PICTURE!!! Some of Dad's students wanted a picture of his whole family. So we gathered everyone up, even those who don't like their picture taken. Xavier kept running off so I was restraining him.

Daycare kept asking for a family picture so I got someone to take this for us as well.

And finally, BJ, Caleb and I have been talking for years about getting a picture with the four of us siblings in it. Well we finally remembered to do it. The little boys wanted to be with their parents so we got the cousins in there too.

After my family we went to visit Granny Bo (Joanne) and Jessi. Jessi had a cat gym/condo thing that Xavier thought was great fun. We kept missing getting a picture of him entirely inside the tunnel though.

One of my Christmas presents. It's been on my list for a while. I've known about the shirt for a while. It has some of the funniest Amazon reviews. Look up Three wolf moon shirt by The Mountain Tees. Hilarious. Side note, SUPER excited that this is a MEDIUM!!! Mens or unisex t-shirts I can wear a medium now!! SO EXCITED!!

Xavier's daycare gave little gifts that had a homemade/hand knit hats. X isn't a huge fan but I wanted a picture anyway. CUTE!

First sight of the "bike" he got from a friend.

Playing with his new bike. He's clearly a fan.

Wanted to post this one separately because his expression is too priceless.

I also tried to get a picture of him wearing his cars backpack he got for Christmas. He was saying "nooooo" to the picture though.

This was my poor sweet boy not feeling well at Buffalo Wild Wings. Still gorgeous, but so obviously not feeling well.

Took him home and he nursed for about 30 seconds and fell asleep. He slept for a long time too. And deeply enough that I was able to slip out from under him.

We wiped Rob's old iPad and set up Xavier an iTunes account so he could have Rob's old iPad and now that I have a little tablet/notebook thing I just use that so my iPad was wiped so Rob could have it. I loaded it up with Xavier's favorite apps and he is a happy little boy.

Rob bought some real bubble bath as up to this point we've just used the baby wash to make bubbles but they dissipate quickly. Xavier LOVED having real bubbles.

Today Xavier is doing much better. Rob even texted me while in the process of writing this post that he was excited to eat chicken. Earlier he had a cookie and was watching Mickey on the WiiU game pad. Next post in 2015! Let's see what a new year has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment