Saturday, September 1, 2012

3 weeks

Wow. 3 weeks and that's almost over itself!





Things are pretty good. Took Xavier to the pediatrician yesterday because I decided that his tongue tie, while slight, might be better off to be taken care of. It might help with my nipple trauma and it might also just be a good preventive measure to keep from issues happening in the future. It's so cute watching him with his new range of motion in his tongue. And it looks "normal" now. I'm definitely glad that I did it. Rob has teased a little that it was his "first of many body modifications" considering I have tattoos and piercings he's assuming that when he gets older he'll want to have mods too. If he does, he does.

Already, even though it was just fixed yesterday morning, his feeding has gotten much better. Mouth positioning/latch looks a lot better.

And, while at the doctor he got weighed and measured again. He was 9lbs even and 21 1/4 inches! Growing SO fast!

I also went to the doctor yesterday because I was afraid I had thrush. Turns out it was just seriously irritated nipple due to his positioning and poor feeding techniques. It still hurts, but knowing that we're on the mend with his tongue tie fix helps. And now he refuses the non-irritated side less so I can occasionally skip a feeding on the right side and just pump it instead (which I need to do since I have to build up a stash anyway)

Um... what else, what else...

Last night was the first time that Xavier smiled at me directly. Most of his smiles that I see are in his sleep. So it was super cute to get an awake smile in my direction.

I've been weighing the pros and cons of using a pacifier. I really don't want to, but sometimes I think that the reason any waking hour he's feeding is because he just wants something in his mouth or to suck on. I don't know that he's really hungry all the time. But, there's a lot both good and bad feedback about using pacifiers.

Three week picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment