Friday, December 20, 2013

16 months week 2?

While this week has been hard on me, we had lots of things going on with Xavier!


As of 12/17 we officially have just started walking! He can stand without pulling up on anything and will just start walking! Still kind of wobbly and making sharp turns usually ends in a topple to his rump. But he has been choosing to get up and walk at least 2/3 of the time if not more.

Earlier in the day on the 17th before deciding he would walk, we had been playing outside and he was crawling up and down the front steps (concrete) and slipped or something and scraped his face. There were some tears and there's still some evidence but it could have been worse. 

Poor kid can't catch a break because last night I tried to catch him from falling on the kitchen floor because he was going head first instead of butt first and accidentally scraped his temple on the same side that got sidewalked. 

A fun thing that he and I do now is when coming home from daycare I'll put him on the grass (watch him like a hawk) and he will crawl (and giggle!) from the driveway to the steps. He loves it. It keeps me from having to juggle carrying him and bags. 

Last night he hung out with me and we shared some Mac & cheese and broccoli for dinner. I'm so happy he's finally eating and walking!!

And my prediction was right!! Walking before Christmas!

Xavier and I were hanging out... I think this must have been last Friday. Rob was away and I thought I'd send him a picture of cute boy.

Playing around. Kid loves "selfies."

Cleaning up his breakfast left overs.

Hanging out at Daddy's office. Sitting in a big chair!

Rob captioned this one "missing Mommy."

Snuggles/selfies with Daddy.

Goofy boy.

We were gifted some hand me down clothes. Xavier insisted on taking off his sweatshirt (above) and and kept going after this shirt. He LOVED it. The mama I got it from said her boys had loved it too. Don't know what it is about it, but it's a favorite!

He also wanted to play with the new pajamas.

More playing with pajamas.

I helped him put them on, but he did NOT like it and wanted them right off. Probably too warm or just that his feet were covered which he doesn't like.

This was Tuesday after the scrape on the sidewalk.

And Tuesday family movie night.

Last night hanging out with Mommy, eating macaroni & cheese with broccoli. I was so proud of him eating things that he previously wouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment