Tuesday, December 10, 2013

15 months week 4 beginning of 16th month

I have so much to write about and no time to write! Luckily I have been keeping notes so I can remember what all I was going to write about.


 

Xavier is ALMOST WALKING. Like he is SO close. He will take about 3 or 4 steps but then will drop to the floor. He wants to walk. He even likes to take our hand and drag us to where he wants to go. And if he wants to go through a door he will push your hand up to the doorknob.  It's really adorable, yet, frustrating because he is obsessed with going to the basement lately and it's COLD down there. And when he doesn't get to go where he wants to, he throws a fit.

He's started tossing things. It's cute, but also not so cute. 

One day he was consistently pointing out his nose and my nose. But I haven't gotten him to do it again. So I don't know if it was just a fluke.

I've been trying to get video of him doing "rooooll it" from Patty Cake. He will clap and then say "rooooolll it" and roll his hands. It is ADORABLE. But he won't do it consistently. Sometimes he will just randomly feel like "rolling it" though. It's pretty funny. He'll just be sitting there and all of a sudden say "roll it!"

Lately he's been pretty stir crazy so I've been trying to help find things to do so I'm not getting dragged up and down the stairs constantly. So on Saturday we went to Chick-fil-A as they have an indoor playland. It was our first experience at a fast food playground but he had a great time. We ended up leaving when it was getting overrun with big kids that were coming into the toddler section and just in general not being careful. It was OK though because it was JUST ENOUGH playtime that when we got home he snuggled down, nursed and took a nap.

And today, just got official word that Xavier will be going to a new daycare. We just couldn't keep affording the one he was at and FINALLY there's an opening in the one that we put his name on a wait list in July. He will be moving mid January.

As far as what's going on with me, if anyone cares since this is the baby blog, I started my new job and new hours. Last week I was on a "training schedule" but yesterday was first day on the new service and first day at 6am. It's been rough. I always take some time to get used to a new job so I'm sure I'll be fine in a month. But this first couple weeks are going to be hard.

Consequently, me leaving the house at 5:30am has caused 2 things to happen. 1) I have been trying to go to bed early and 2) Rob is now in charge of taking Xavier to daycare.

Sunday night Xavier had a hard time going to bed so Monday, Rob tried to keep him up so that he would be ready for bed Monday night. Unfortunately, his body is still used to having a 2 hour nap or so, so when he went to bed on Monday night, he slept for about 2 - 3 hours then was up ready to play. So it's still a work in progress. I'm having trouble winding down and getting to sleep early myself. Eventually it's just going to catch up to me and I'll HAVE to sleep early.

Rob was telling me about the interesting experience of trying to get Xavier up this morning. I didn't go a whole lot into my routine with him just because I wanted him to get to get his own groove and didn't want to tell him what to do or how to do it. My routine was to get myself ready, get breakfast etc then about 10-15 minutes before I wanted to leave to get all the bags (my purse, pumping bag, lunch bag, Xavier's lunch bag) into the car and then if it was cold start it warming up. Then I would go back inside and start getting Xavier dressed. I wouldn't "wake him up" first just do as much as I could with him asleep and he would usually wake up at some point while dressing him. Rob has a little more flexible schedule so he was trying to get Xavier to wake up first and lil' man just didn't wanna do it. haha

Well I guess that's enough talking. Told you I had a lot to say! My new job just doesn't have any down time at all so I can't write at work anymore.

On to the pictures!

So this is another new thing. He likes to climb on the coffee table behind the couch and then look over the back.


Telling it like it is.


So Xavier loves closing doors. And the way he normally does it because he can't reach doorknobs yet is to put his hand underneath and pull it shut. This works for most doors, but not all. Surprisingly he did not get mad like I expected him to. He just kept trying to find ways to make it work.


Mmmmm cheese.


16 months old! What a big boy.

Spacing went weird. Anyway above and below are eating his kids meal at Chick-fil-A

Play land!!

So much fun!

Then that night, we went to dinner with some friends and Xavier decided the lemon in my water looked tasty. He actually didn't make faces. Just gnawed on that lemon!

Goofy boy playing on the bed.

I loved his expression in this one. Mine, not so much. But his was great.

And then sweet snuggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment