Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March appt

Sorry for the delay. It's been a crazy day.


Today was our March appointment. We also had our orientation at the birthing center at 12:45. Well the orientation went until just after 2, which is when the appointment was. Because of the delay, they didn't get me back right away (which is understandable. Other ultrasounds needed to be done) which wouldn't have been a big problem except that they needed a full bladder. Which meant that since they didn't get me back until nearly an hour past my appointment time, I was extremely uncomfortable and painfully had to urinate.

I know you are hoping for the big news of boy or girl, however I'm going to wait one more day before I reveal that information because I have co-workers who read the blog and I want to announce it a special way to them. I have Cake Pops that I have made the cake into either pink or blue based on what the baby's gender is and you have to bite into the Cake Pop to find out.



They're not pretty to look at, but they should be delicious.

Anyway, what I can say is that despite the discomfort of the painfully full bladder and the ultrasound being done, the baby is healthy and looks really good. The tech said that according to the measurements the due date should be August 4 instead of August 12! But because the difference wasn't more than 2 weeks, they're not changing my due date. But both Rob and the tech commented on how good the spine looks and we got to see all the little hand bones and the arm and leg and feet bones and all four chambers of the heart, the brain looked correct, face looked correct. Everything looked perfect!

There really isn't anything more I can say at the moment. Just check back tomorrow night and I'll reveal what the inside of the cake pop was colored. ;) And I should be able to put some pictures from the ultrasound up also. We got a disk that I think the tech said had 40 something pictures on it so surely we'll find some good ones. I'm afraid we don't have any good profile ones as the baby was turned away showing its back most of the time. It was really cool to see it casually roll over. There was one "punch" that the tech asked me "Oh wow! Did you feel that?" Sadly, I didn't. But it was kind of cool to see that maybe that's why I don't feel much movement only kind of a squirmy' feeling because the baby just rolls over and snuggles down mostly.

No comments:

Post a Comment