Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ultrasound pictures

Maybe not everyone likes ultrasound pictures as much as I do. But for anyone who's interested, follow the jump and you'll see a bunch of pictures of our little boy!

They said he is about 13oz and they did say that based on his measurements his due date could be 08/04 instead of 08/12. Because it wasn't more than 2 weeks different than the original due date it isn't changing officially.


I don't have any good profile pictures. :( And the tech didn't label a lot of the pictures, so I'm just trying to remember. There's a LOT of pictures of the back/spine. Xavier pretty much kept his back to us the whole time it seemed. What little movement he did do was at the very beginning and that was one little jab of the arm and flexing of the fingers and then he just kind of rolled over and laid there.

They did one "3D" shot without being asked, but it doesn't look like anything, so unless you specifically want it, I won't put it up.

OK so here they are!

This is a leg, arm and hand. I love how you can see the tiny little hand/finger bones. If I'm remembering at this point he kind of flexed his fingers opening and closing his fist. :)


Here's a back shot. It was at this point that we could see him rolling over and the tech said "Oh, well, I guess he wanted to show me his butt." (he had not 'officially' seen boy parts yet, just a general "he") To which Rob responded "I guess it is my kid." LOL


This is a shot of the diaphragm. It was important enough to the tech to label it. So, yeah. And being the theatre person that I am, I know how important a good diaphragm is and the tech said it looked good.


Here's an adorable leg! I don't know why random body parts like hands and legs are so cute to me, but this looks like a well formed leg to me!


And finally, a face shot. The arrows are to show where the edges of the mouth are. I do have a similar shot without the arrows, but I kind of like being able to see where the edges are.


We have a whole disk of photos, but most of the stuff while I can remember what it is, it's not interesting. Like the one of the heart. It's cool and good to know that the heart looks good, but it just looks like a bunch of blobs.

For those curious of the "proof" of boyhood, I THINK there are two shots, but they're not labeled, so your guess is as good as mine. I don't think it's completely obvious of the boy parts, but Rob and the tech were pretty sure.

So, there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment