Saturday, July 20, 2013

11 months week 2

Not a whole lot to write since I just posted on Wednesday.



We successfully got a letter from his doctor instructing to continue to provide breastmilk beyond 1 year.

Thursday we had some big steps on food! I had gone through Subway on my way home and when I was eating he kept coming up to me and opening his mouth like he wanted to taste. So, I tore off a tiny piece of the turkey to see what he would do, thinking that the worst thing that would happen would be he would puke, which, while terrible, I've been there done that. Well, he worked it around in his mouth and did not puke! So then when he was ready for another bite I gave him a little piece of my tomato. I didn't think about the skin being difficult though, so he did have some gagging issues with the skin. But once I got that out of his mouth he was fine. I also tried a little piece of cheese and he did fine with it and then another little bite of turkey!

It may seem strange to be so exceited about what essentially amounted to less than one normal bite's worth of food, but it was a HUGE step for him. His daycare sheet also said that day he ate puffs (kind of like cheerio's) which was a big deal too. For a child his age that has been struggling with food, this was big!

Yesterday Xavier went with Rob to the card shop and he sent me a couple pictures.

Xavier "blessing" Rob's cards.


Either "blessing" cards is hard work, or sitting around the card shop while Daddy plays is boring.




























I took these last night of Xavier hanging out on the step, wishing he could climb up. First look was kind of mischevious then he had a sweet little smile when he saw me clicking pictures. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment