Sunday, April 1, 2012

21 Weeks

This last week was rough at work (for some reason just really stressed and tired of everything) but as far as the pregnancy goes, it was pretty good.



Xavier is getting bigger and stronger I can tell. I feel him kicking throughout the day now. Appetite has come back. I have to snack through the day again, so I know he's growing.

He got his first piece of mail addressed to him on Saturday!



And inside was his first wrapped present, including his first stuffed animal!



Thank you very much, Aunt Judy!

On Saturday we acquired several more baby items. I went to the Lil' Angel's Attic sale at my parents' church and got some toys, a growth chart, clothes, etc. And Mom had picked up a pack 'n' play and an activity chair (bumbo style chair with a removable tray). And she also gave us a "baby's first piggy bank."

I also went to Babies R Us and started a baby registry. There's a LOT on there that I need to go through and probably remove some stuff as I was half scanning because I 'needed' it and half because I just wanted to remember it and look into it further. But most of it is legitimate needs, I just have multiple styles of like baby bathtub. I think there are probably 3 baby bathtubs on there because I wanted to look into them further and decide which one I want the most. I will TRY to do that soon and weed out what I don't actually want/need.

And we went to a cloth diaper store and I grabbed a bunch of things I'd been thinking about getting and got to be hands on with some different diaper styles to get an idea of how they actually feel and look and everything. It was very informative and a brand I thought I wanted, I don't think quite as much any more.

Along the diaper front, I've got a pretty good stash started. I just need a few more pieces and I will be ready to start prepping them I think.

We are also pretty good on the clothing factor. We've got PLENTY of night gowns. I think I had like 8 or 10. And just, FYI to whomever reads this, I'm trying to steer clear of onesies. There's some debate on whether or not they work well with cloth diapers and it's also been stated they're a little more difficult with tall/long babies and since
Rob and I are relatively tall, they might not be for us. So, t-shirts are great (just put a t-shirt on and a cute diaper and some "Baby Legs" and baby boy is dressed!) or t-shirt pant/short sets are good too. Just not one piece things. :)

Um... what else, what else.

Not that I'm... fishing for gifts or anything, but if anyone wants a $5 off coupon to BabiesRUs, when I registered they gave me a $5 off coupon that will expire on 05/31/12. Since I don't live near a BRU, and either wants it for themselves (or to by X a present) I'd be happy to send/give it to you. It does say it is for "In Store Use Only."
There's also a 20% off coupon that is only good from 04/13 - 04/23/12 and one for 04/24 - 05/03/12. Again, not fishing for gifts, just I won't use them and would be happy to share.

And, I think nesting is starting to hit somewhat. I really want to get all the diapers together that I need and ready and I really want to wash his clothes and get them put away and ready and the clutter in "his" room is driving me insane. I want it to be organized and ready to go!!

So I guess I'll close with Xavier is doing well. He's much more active than I thought he was before. Kicking and punching and moving. Pretty sure I just felt a kick punch combo because the two "impact" points were far enough apart that I doubt he could have moved that quickly to have kicked both spots. :)

Thank you, everyone, for all of your support and kindness and help! We really appreciate it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment