Friday, April 6, 2012

Gotta Eat!

So, I learned a valuable lesson today. Eat. It seems so simple.


I was working a 1/2 day today and didn't go in until 3pm so I spent the day sleeping in, reading in bed, not really thinking about the fact that normally I eat breakfast around 8:15, a snack sometime before 11, lunch around 2. So I normally eat several times before I even was scheduled for work. I had planned on leaving a little early and getting something on the way. Well, my stomach had other plans.

I did get up around 9:30 or 10 and had some milk and left over donuts from a couple days ago. Stale, but not bad. Then I went back to bed to read. Didn't really think about food again until around 12:30/1 when my stomach started hurting excruciatingly.

I got up, took a shower and immediately knew I needed food and now. So I went and found a left over hotdog. Didn't help. So I ate some chocolate thinking the sugar would give me a quick fix. Nope. I'm cold and just feel sick. So then I get some ice cream and PB thinking the sugar, dairy, protein combo would be a quick fix. It helped some. Oh, and I'm gulping down water too. But still not better. So I make some chips and cheese. It didn't even smell good but I ate some anyway.

I went to work armed with a bunch of fruit snacks, cutie oranges and had a bag of rice cakes in my desk. I ended up buying a Sprite too and finally started feeling better about 1/2 way through my shift. I thought I was going to throw up a couple times.

My stomach muscles still hurt, but Xavier seems fine. He's still been kicking.

So note to self... EAT even if you plan on eating later, eat now too. Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment