Wednesday, July 18, 2012

36 week appointment

Today was a LONG day.




First we had pre-registration for the birth center. Filling out some paperwork for things like birth certificate and other registration stuff.

Then I was moved to the NST (monitoring) room, but right as I was moved there, the ultrasound tech was ready for me, so I was moved to the ultrasound room. Of course each move takes forever because I'm hobbling on a cane due to my sprained ankle.

The ultrasound took a long time because they had to wait for there to be some movement. All he was doing was "practice breathing" (I guess he was sleeping). FINALLY he twitched a finger so they counted that as movement. Did get to see he has a bit of hair though. He is head down and facing my back. So he's in perfect birthing position!

Then I was moved BACK to the NST room, which is like all the way on the opposite side of the office. So it took some time. They had me on the monitor for what felt like forever, but since he wasn't really all that awake he wasn't moving a whole lot but they did get the variation that they were looking for.

I didn't see a midwife this time. Saw Dr. Casal. I again expressed my concerns that the extra monitoring would turn nothing into something. He said that the fluid is just barely borderline and the NST results looked great so he doesn't feel like I will need to have the additional monitoring next week.

So my appointment that was supposed to be at 2:10, we finally left around 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment