Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pain and baby dreams

So last night I twisted my left ankle and fell. I fell on my left knee and butt. So, that's good. Didn't fall on my face/belly or anything. But I'm in pretty considerable pain. Rob has been good and helping with ice packs and when he can, helping me to the bathroom.

I did have a strange dream last night though. I guess pain induced and anticipation of today's doctor visit.





I dreamed I was at a dentist and they were having to put me under for some reason. The dentist was Dr Casal for some reason though. After waking up I thought the anesthesiologist was the male ultrasound tech, but thinking back I don't think it was. Might have been.

Anyway, they tried one method. An inhalation method, first. But it didn't work. So they tried mixing a powder with Kool-aid to have me drink it.

I asked as I was sipping it (red Kool-aid, purple powder) what happens if that didn't work. They told me if it doesn't work again, I'll have to go abort my baby and come back and have it done again. I said "Excuse me? I am NOT aborting my baby!" it was at that point he told me the levels of anesthesia they were giving me were not proven safe for a fetus, so rather than cause a still birth, they just required an abortion.

I ended up waking up before I found out how it ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment