Wednesday, July 25, 2012

37 week appointment

First appointment in a long time that I haven't had to have an ultrasound. Also didn't have to go on the monitors. It was mostly nice.

However I was gently reprimanded for my weight. I'd "gained 9 lbs" in a week. However, last week I was still leaning heavily on a cane when I was weighed and I'd "lost" several lbs last week. So the difference between two weeks ago and today was only 2lbs. But I was told that I should only be gaining 1/2 a lb a week. So that was a real dampener especially since I thought it was 1 lb a week at this point that was average, and I have still been watching what I eat and haven't been able to exercise because of an ankle. I thought that the 2lb difference discounting last week was a good thing. But apparently not.




You know, they say that they don't want you to "diet" while being pregnant, but then they do things like this. It really makes me not feel like eating, even though I know I need to. Thing is, I really WANT to like this midwife, but she's also the one that originally got me going to the gym because her comments about my weight. I just don't feel like I can win or anything. I was trying. I really was. And then I sprained my ankle. But I should have still been going to the gym and using the exercise bikes (the only ones my gym has are the recumbent bikes which my knees end up hitting my belly and I don't like it. It's very uncomfortable) or working my arms or doing squats (Um, what the heck? doing squats when your ankle is weak? Um... ok, yeah...)

And also telling me about other exercises I should be doing because the baby isn't engaged enough yet. Um, honestly, I still have 2 1/2 weeks until my due date. I didn't think he was SUPPOSED to be all the way down and engaged. He's head down. No, he's not perfectly all the way down and he's not completely straight on, he's off to one side, but there's still time. And there's still borderline extra fluid. So he's still happily floating around.

I'm probably just overreacting and hormonal, but I did not come away from this appointment feeling "good." I feel pretty crappy actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment