Sunday, July 22, 2012

37 weeks, 9 months, FULL TERM!

This is a ground breaking week, everyone! Not only is it another week down, but it also marks the 9 month mark and the consideration of FULL TERM! That means we really could have a baby any time now! Not that I necessarily WANT him 3 weeks early or that I'm necessarily READY for my pregnancy to be over, but it COULD happen.

This week has been pretty eventful... But since I've started posting twice a week now (doctor appointments being every week) I don't know what I haven't covered yet.




So lets see... Tuesday night I twisted my ankle. Wednesday Rob got me a cane and brace and I walked around with a cane. Thursday I also used a cane.

I had people ask me on Thursday if I was just "so pregnant" that I had to use a cane to walk around now. *eye roll* Um... no.

Friday I got several comments that I was "so cute" and "Honey, when ARE you due?!"

Friday I also had a bit of a crazy evening.

Sometime around 5:30 or 6ish, my stomach started hurting where I normally get gall bladder attacks. Upper right abdomen. Xavier was kicking and squirming and going crazy. So, I'd heard that sometimes they get their foot stuck in a rib or something so I tried pushing on the area to see if I could feel his foot of something that might be stuck. No luck. I started to get really hot. I felt like I was burning up and my pulse was racing. Co-workers told me my face was bright red. My stomach also started hurting all the way across my front. Again, the way gallbladder attacks usually start for me. I was trying to control my breathing and work through the pain but it wasn't working. I got permission to get up and walk around and my coach walked with me through the building. We took two laps and my stomach still was hurting and my back started hurting too. I got permission to use some sick time and went home early because I was afraid either it was a gallbladder attack (In which case I didn't have much time before I wouldn't have been able to drive myself home) or a weird start to labor (again, in which case, it might not have been good for me to be driving.)

So I get home, get in the door, drop my stuff off and almost instantly, feel better. I felt SO dumb because if I had just stuck it out at work, I probably would have been OK the rest of the night. And I hate putting my co-workers in a short position like that. That's part of why I never call out. I don't want people to have the extra work I should have been handling.

I decided to "take it easy" anyway and went up to bed and laid down and then my back started hurting again! So then I was like "Well... maybe this is something after all!" The problem was that it wasn't in waves or a short burst or coming and going how I expected contractions or labor pains to be, so I decided to just chill for a while and see what happened.

When my back stopped hurting again I decided "Hmm, MAYBE I should go ahead and pack my bags JUST in case." since I hadn't packed anything for going to the birth center. Xavier's bag was easy. He's obviously not using any of his clothes or anything yet. So I could just put what I needed for him in the bag. Put it in the diaper bag. Figured it's as good a bag as any.

My bag was, and still is more difficult. To be honest, I don't really have a lot of clothes. I do laundry twice a week usually and at minimum once a week. I have just enough underwear to cover that. I have just enough shirts that I like to wear to cover that. Some things were easy, like my nursing night gown I just bought I'm not using yet, so I could put that in there. But everything else, I'm like "What if this ISN'T it? I don't want my clothes to all be holed away in my bag" and since I'm supposed to have a spare set of laboring clothes (just in case water breaks so I don't have to continue to labor in wet clothes), delivery clothes and going home clothes at minimum. Since I may be delivering in the tub, delivery clothes might just be a sports bra, and that might be all it is even not in the tub. But that could be easy enough and I'm not really wearing my regular sports bras right now anyway since I bought nursing sports bras. But I don't think I'll bring my nursing bras to the birth center since they're not really worn in yet, but my old sports bras are really worn and loose. So those I can pack no problem. But going home clothes?

What I chose to do as far as "bottoms" for going home clothes were my workout pants that are really stretchy and have a drawstring. Since I'm taking a break from the gym right now due to the ankle, I figured it was OK to pack those away. And I have a spare set of workout pants just in case I need them. But a going home top? No clue. I guess I can just put a regular T-Shirt in the bag.

Anyway, rambly story short... after I got what I could packed in my bag and was done with Xavier's bag, I didn't end up having any more back pain or anything. But, good news is, I'm just that much closer to being ready whenever it IS time.

I think that ultimately what was wrong was probably a combination of stomach upset from the potluck at work on Friday and gallbladder from having had BLT's for dinner on Thursday night and also stress. Things have been REALLY hard on me at work lately. I'm very stressed there right now.

Lets see... so that was Friday. I've also been struggling with the heartburn thing. It's about constant. Which is a normal pregnancy thing, I know, but I also get stress related heartburn. I'm not really sure what to do about it though.

Saturday went to a baby shower which was fun. Saturday was one of the first nights though that I've had a hard time getting comfortable sleeping. Lay down, get heartburn. Sit up, don't have enough support to be able to fall asleep so I slump. Also trying to keep my foot elevated somewhat... it all just isn't working well. On top of that, when I did successfully keep my foot elevated, it's apparently put pressure on my hips/pelvis and it then hurts to move.

And today, I've been enjoying being lazy. Slept in, Rob made brunch. He's also been really good about helping out with stuff. The cats were out of water and I couldn't lug the water jug around so he filled their water for me and he also carried the laundry baskets downstairs for me.

I have a picture I took last night, but I can't find my phone at the moment... so, I'll have to post it later.

I almost forgot! Cravings for orange juice have come back. I can't get enough of it (and no, that doesn't help my heartburn AT ALL) and I also want sweet stuff again. Brownies in particular. And ice cream. But mostly brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment